Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Bye Bye Razor Burn



The first time I ever heard of Gabriel Couzian was through a New York publicist. She sent me a free sample of the washing oil, and honestly, I had no idea what to do with it. I'd never used washing oil. In fact, I didn't even know what to use it for. So after we shot it for this magazine where I used to work, I just took it home and put it in my bathroom. And there it stayed for several months.

I don't know what possessed me to use it to shave my legs. I think maybe I ran out of shaving cream and didn't want to use body wash (both of which cause razor burn, but the body wash is worse than the shaving cream), so I just tried the washing oil. YOU GUYS!!!! It was the most glorious shaving experience I've ever had in my life. I had no nicks or cuts, my legs were smoother than ever, and the best part...NO RAZOR BURN!

The huge bottle lasted several months and even my mom started using it. We were both in awe of how amazing it was, and the fact that my legs no longer itched after shaving no matter how much lotion I used was heavenly. Recently, I ran out and tried to use baby oil. It didn't work. All it did was clog up my razor and ruin it. So I went back to shaving cream and, of course, the itching and bumps were back. I wasn't sure if the washing oil was available for sale because I had originally got it from a publicist for free, but I checked out the Gabriel Couzian website and there it was. I did a bit of a happy dance upon finding out that I could order it online. At $45 it is pricey, and with shipping it came out to $54. But, honestly, it's so worth it. I know it will last me at least four months because you only need a quarter-sized amount and the bottle is huge, so the price is justified.

If you can afford it, and if you suffer from razor burn, I highly recommend the Gabriel Couzian washing oil.

1 comment:

  1. And this is exactly what I've been looking for! Normal cream just doesnt cut it. Thanks for sharing the information and feel free to drop by me too, soon.

    ReplyDelete